Saturday, July 4, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate by M.C. Beaton

Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Release Date:
February 2013



Agatha Raisin is terribly bored these days. Her husband has deserted her and her dear friend Charles is living his own life. Her neighbor John insulted her and she’s absolutely through with men. She’s not the least bit interested when the vicar’s wife tells her about the new curate, Tristan Delon. The women of Carsely are all falling head over heels for the handsome guy, but Agatha couldn’t care less. Or could she?

When Tristan invites her to dinner, Agatha is thrilled. At the same time, she realizes something is just not quite right about the guy. Tristan winds up dead and Agatha vows to keep her nose out of this murder mystery. However, we all know Agatha can’t do that especially when the vicar is the number one suspect. Agatha isn’t a great fan of the vicar’s (and he doesn’t like her either), but she’s close friends with his wife. She doesn’t want the vicar to go to jail for a crime she’s sure he did not commit.

This is the 13th book in the series. They are so short and light that I’m already halfway through the entire series. There are currently 26 books. It was hard for me to get into this series right away, but now I’m always anxious to see what Agatha is up to next and what’s going on in her life. The mysteries are not complicated – although this one had many twists and turns. I was surprised to find out the real culprit. This series is the perfect one for me to become involved with on audio.



For reading challenges:
2015 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge
2015 My Kind of Mystery Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.