Tuesday, September 29, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - September 29th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm featuring a book that's been on my Kindle forever. Hopefully I'll get to read it soon...




First Chapter...

If Heather Gadway's cell phone hadn't already been dead, she would have killed it.

She peered at the blank screen, then squinted at the sun overhead, picturing her frowning father getting sent straight to her voice mail...again. Ever since she'd moved to California, he'd insisted they speak every morning. He'd probably left his version of a warm-and-fuzzy message, one she imagined sounded like this:

"Heather. For Pete's sake. Charge your phone. Next time put the cord next to your makeup. Then you'll actually remember the darn thing needs juice."

Teaser...

Heather pasted a confident look on her face. Instilling self-assurance in her players was important, especially with the young ones like Alicia.



What do you think? Would you keep reading?

11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one. Great choice for your teaser:)

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/29/teaser-tuesdays-130-authors-choice-from-the-key-of-amatahns-and-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure this would be for me, but I liked the opener and the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe not for me. But I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought it might be the book from the movie of the same name but . . . no cell phones during WWII. Interesting tease. Here's mine: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-VY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played softball growing up, so I'm sure I'd enjoy this story.
    My Tuesday post features Previously Loved Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely intrigued now! And it's so true that, in this day of cell phones, people think that they should be able to reach us at any time.

    Here is mine: “THE SPECTACULAR NOW”


    ReplyDelete
  7. intriguing teaser!

    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/teaser-tuesday-annihilation-by-jeff-vandermeer/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decent intro, but probably not one for me. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.