Saturday, September 19, 2015

Review Dead As A Doornail by Linda P. Kozar

Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Audible Audio

Release Date:
November 2008





Lovita is preparing for her wedding to Hudson, but things aren’t that easy. First, her best friend Sue Jan’s husband, Monroe, is accused of murder right in the middle of his campaign to be Wachita’s mayor. His competition is running a nasty campaign which includes having the candidate’s girlfriend open an upscale beauty shop to compete with Lovita and Sue Jan’s own shop. Then, the money that was raised for the high school band to march in the Macy’s Day Parade in New York City is stolen. It’s up to Lovita and Sue Jan to save the day. They do have their work cut out for them, especially since they need to do everything before Lovita and Hudson's big day.

This is the third book in the “When the Fat Ladies Sing” series. It’s the first book I read (listened to) in this series and I didn’t feel lost at all. I was able to jump right in and be excited for Lovita’s wedding even though I wasn’t really familiar with the characters. As always when I jump into the middle of a series (I really hate when I do that, I’d rather start at the beginning.), I want to go back to see how the characters’ relationships all grew through the years. It’s no different with this one. I want to hear how it all began. However, I have no problem if I don’t get a chance and just listen to the next books.

The narrator, Michelle Babb, is a natural and does the voices for all the characters. Her voice is pleasant to listen to and she performs each character to perfection.

Dead As A Doornail is funny, fast-paced, and filled with quirky characters. The relationship between Lovita and Sue Jan is perfect. They are best friends through thick and thin. I’m definitely going to stick with this series. It’s so much fun “discovering” new-to-me cozy mystery series.




FTC Disclosure: The narrator provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this series before; it is fun finding a new series. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.