Friday, January 21, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - January 21st




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm almost finished reading this one.  Excerpts are from the E-ARC.  It's so good.


First Chapter

1962 Camden, Texas

A shiny turquoise Cadillac parked at the curb.

Barb Manning nearly took my breath away as she stepped out of the car in a crisp blue linen suit.  Some people simply get out of a car, but others make an unforgettable entrance.  She was in the unforgettable group.

From 56% on my Kindle...

The last person I wanted to talk to this morning was Barb Manning.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

In 1962, Dot Morgan was told the best thing she could do besides being a nurse or teacher was to learn to type. While attending secretarial school, she decides to rub elbows with an elite ladies' club to help her father with a struggling campaign for city council. Instead of getting the help she sought, Dot is thrown into a world of adultery, deceit and murder when one of the town's sons is found dead. Time to put that 45 on the record player and bring out your best dance moves in The Twist and Shout Murder.


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. It's on my list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two excerpts has me wondering.about Barb Manning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your page 56 quote in relation to the book beginning. I'm curious enough now to want to find out the connection between the two! Another to add to my growing list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The attitudes of the 56 remind me of life in the 1960s...and this one sounds like a fascinating journey into that era. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an enjoyable read...and that cover puts me in mind of the mat from the game, Twister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got me singing The Beatles... lol... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that title! I like how your two excerpts kind of play off together even though they are pages apart. I haven't read too many mysteries set in that time period. I will have to give this one a try. I hope you have a great weekend, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover of this one and it sounds so good! Have a great weekend! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-line-friday-song-of-silence.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twister. The game. Now that is a blast from the past. Fun cover that brings lots of twisting collapses to mind. My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm intrigued. It sounds like Barb falls quite a bit in the narrator's opinion between the beginning and the 56.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.