Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Thingers




Today's question: Cataloging sources. What cataloging sources do you use most? Any particular reason? Any idiosyncratic choices, or foreign sources, or sources you like better than others? Are you able to find most things through LT's almost 700 sources?


My answer: Ever since I've been collecting books and having a huge TBR, I've input all my books into an Excel spreadsheet. Since I've been doing this everytime I get something new, it's been easy to update. My spreadsheet has title, author, published date, if it's a series (Harlequin, Silhouette), and then I give it my own personal rating. Recently I've joined Shelfari and Goodreads and have put my books in there, but I can't possibly input all the books in my TBR. There are just too many of them, so I add them as I go along.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping buy. I figured having a spreadsheet may be easier in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an excel sheet too, although I prefer LT b/c I can see my specific covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I didn't even understand the question at first. :( It's been a bad week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.