Sunday, July 20, 2008

Through a Glass, Deadly by Sarah Atwell



Genre: Cozy Mystery

I will start this review with, I loved this book!!!! LOL I thought I’d just get that out right at the beginning. This is a brand new series by Sarah Atwell. It’s a Glassblowing Mystery and takes place in Tucson, Arizona. Although I live in New York, I felt immediately transported to Tucson after the first chapter.
Emmeline Dowell is an artist who teaches glassblowing, as well as sells her craft. A quiet young woman shows up at her shop and Emmeline immediately takes her under her wing. She doesn’t know why she feels so protective of Allison, but she does. When Emmeline finds a dead body in her studio’s furnace and learns the body belongs to Allison’s husband, she begins to wonder just how innocent the woman really is. Things get really dicey when Em’s brother visits and is immediately smitten by Allison.

Odd and dangerous things continue to happen when Em finds another dead body and receives threats. She gets right in the middle of the investigation. No way will she leave things up to the police after their incompetence becomes obvious when bad things happen right under their noses. However, is she making things better or worse?

This book has a cast of characters that I fell in love with immediately. Em is a strong heroine with a lot of spunk. Even the secondary characters are well-developed and very well portrayed. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series which comes out in November 2008. I don’t usually rate my books, but I’m giving this one a 5 star rating! This also allows me the chance to cross off another book in the amateur sleuth reading challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.