Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Sunday Salon




Another week has gone by....time is absolutely flying. I can't believe July 4th has come and gone. I took off Thursday to give myself a four day weekend. I thought I'd have a nice, restful four days but it didn't quite work out that way. On the very first day my car broke down and I don't live in an area where public transportation helps. Nor can I walk to anything from here, except maybe 7-11 and there's only so much time you can spend there :) I'm supposed to pick up my car tomorrow sometime, but of course my husband and I will have to work out the logistics so we can both get to work, but we only have his car to work with. We'll figure something out.

You would think being stranded I would have done a lot of reading, but that's not the case. I was too busy worrying and getting restless, so I did lots of laundry. Not to mention not pulling myself away from the TV or the computer. I've become a soap opera addict again, just when I thought I was pulling away from them, I'm back to being a fanatic. LOL

I did manage to do some reading, though. I finished Bitter Sweets by G.A. McKevett for a book discussion and part of a reading challenge. I loved this book and this series.

Now, I'm reading a Harlequin Nascar book "Danger Zone" by Debra Webb. This is for my Harlequin/Silhouette reading challenge. It's pretty good, so far. I like these Nascar books even though I'm not a Nascar fan. Go figure!

That's my Sunday in a nutshell. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy sunday. I know what you mean, seems the summer is flying by too fast.
    Hope you get your car back soon, enjoy your reading :)

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naida! Hopefully my car will be fixed tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being without transportation freaks me out. When the kids were little, it was because of 911 thoughts. I guess in reality, that's not true...I just don't like being stranded! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, J. Kaye! I probably wouldn't have wanted to go out if I had my car. Suddenly I was without a car and needed to go everywhere. LOL Well, my crisis is over and my car is in working order again. Life is back to normal...well, normal for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.