Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Thingers




Today's topic: Recommendations. Do you use LT's recommendations feature? Have you found any good books by using it? Do you use the anti-recommendations, or the "special sauce" recommendations? How do you find out about books you want to read?


I've never used LT at all, so I never used their recommendations. I go through Romantic Times each month and write down all the books that interest me, based on the synopsis of each book (not the ratings). I, also, rely on recommendations from people in reading groups I belong to or authors I'm familiar with. I receive email newsletters from authors and publishers, so if I see something in those that interest me, I'll get them.

3 comments:

  1. You aren't a member of LT or just their recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help! What are "Tuesday Thingers"? And is LT, Library Thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. J. Kaye - No, not a member of LT at all.

    Booklady - If you click on Tuesday Thingers in my sidebar, it will give you more info. It's a different discussion question every Tuesday. Yes, LT is Library Thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.