Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hump Day Humor



Theme: Getting Older


You Know You're Getting Older When...
Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.
The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
You feel like the night after, and you haven't been anywhere.
Your little black book contains only names ending in M.D.
You get winded playing chess.
Your children begin to look middle aged.
You're still chasing women but can't remember why.
A dripping faucet causes an uncontrollable bladder urge.
You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
You look forward to a dull evening.
You walk with your head high trying to get used to your bifocals.
Your favorite part of the newspaper is "25 Years Ago Today..."
You turn out the light for economic reasons rather than romantic ones.
You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
Your knees buckle and your belt won't.
You regret all those mistakes resisting temptation.
After painting the town red, you have to take a long rest before applying a second coat.
Dialing long distance wears you out.
You're startled the first time you are addressed as an old timer.
You just can't stand people who are intolerant.
The best part of your day is over when your alarm clock goes off.
You burn the midnight oil until 9 pm.
Your back goes out more often than you do.
A fortune teller offers to read your face.
Your pacemaker makes the garage door go up when you watch a pretty girl go by.
The little gray-haired lady you help across the street is your wife.
You have too much room in the house and not enough room in the medicine cabinet.
You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there

10 comments:

  1. I've found out the problem to the blog roll. You have to delete the current URL for J. Kaye's Book Blog and enter this:

    http://feeds.feedburner.com/JKayesBookBlog

    It should work then. Let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - You've changed it up now. Sorry, I didn't noticed that before commenting...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.Kaye - I changed it again and it works! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world of blogging has taught me so much that I wouldn't have normally learned. It's pretty darn neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great! I learn something new all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great! I learn something new all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe..Great list! Of course, it would be funnier if it wasn't so true (about me!)

    Mine is up Poor old guy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Now you're just getting personal! ;-)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    BOREDOM-BUSTERS, on NICKERS AND INK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I believe I am getting closer-lol!

    I apologize for being so late visiting-I've been busy! Here is mine!

    Have a great weekend!
    Mere

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.