Sunday, March 8, 2009

Compulsion by Jennifer Chase



Outskirts Press, Inc.
October, 2008

Genre: Thriller

Emily Stone investigates serial killers. She’s not a cop and doesn’t have the authority to do this, but she has the ability to put investigative equipment and clues together in a way the police can’t. Secretly, she e-mails her findings to them so that they can put the criminals behind bars where they belong.

The latest wave of serial killings takes a frightening turn when they land in Emily’s own backyard. She fears her identity will be made public, which will hamper her ability to solve these crimes. She must keep her anonymity at all costs. As she gets closer to cracking this latest case, her own life is threatened. She turns to the local police detective assigned to the case for help. Together, they try to end these vicious murders. However, the crimes aren’t the only thing they are working together on. Emily can’t help but be attracted to the handsome detective, but she can’t let that cloud her thinking and get in the way of saving lives, including he own.

Compulsion is an amazing, CSI-type of book that readers will find intriguing. I could not put this book down. I was hooked on the first page. Talk about fast-paced, this book was that and so much more. Emily Stone was everything you’d want from a heroine – smart, sassy, and strong-willed. This book took so many twists and turns that my stomach was literally in knots trying to figure it all out. The ending shocked me, and I don’t shock easily. I read that Jennifer Chase is currently working on her next book and I do hope she is. I’d love to read more from this author.

Check out Jennifer Chase's wonderful blog at http://www.authorjenniferchase.blogspot.com/

For Reading Challenge: Suspense and Thriller Reading Challenge

Also...I have to give this book the Socrates' Book Reviews Great Book Alert medal. How could I not?

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds really great! I hadn't heard of it before now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a good one! I will definitely have to look for this author. Thanks for the great review, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! I don't generally read too many thrillers as I tend to keep myself up all night, even if I'm not reading them! :)

    That cover is a bit creepy. ..

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.