Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Sunday Salon - Weekend Wrap Up!



Happy March! Talk about March coming in like a lion - that was true this year. We started March off with 15 inches of snow on Monday. This weekend, we have temperatures in the 60's. How weird is this weather? At least most of the snow is gone and I bet by the end of the weekend, it will all be gone. We didn't even have any flooding, which is always a worry with melting this much snow.

As for my reading this week, I did fairly well. I finished the audio Elements of Style by Wendy Wasserstein. It was a good chick lit type of book set in NYC post 9/11. My review is already posted on my blog. I, also, finished Business in the Bedroom by Anne Oliver. A Harlequin Presents for my Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge. I'm now listing to Maureen McCormick's autobiography and what a surprising life she had! I'm reading Compulsion by Jennifer Chase for a review. Excellent book. It's about a serial killer and very intriguing.

I was honored to receive an "I Love Your Blog" award from Sherrie at Just Books. That was so sweet and very unexpected.

I'm participating in the Book Giveaway Carnival and my giveaways end at midnight est on March 8th. So, there's still time to enter, if you'd like. I'm giving away a set of two books Trophy Wives Contest and one very interesting book In the Land of Invisible Women Click on either link to enter. Good luck!

Other than that, I've been catching up on my TV - watching the last episodes of "ER", the season finale of "Burn Notice", the two hour "Brothers & Sisters", the new Patrick Swayze show "The Beast", the two hour movie "24", and of course going crazy in the time travel of "Lost". I also saw two movies - silly comedies, but fun to watch "Balls of Fury" and "Ping Pong Playa" both set in the world of ping pong playing :)

Now to get used to daylight savings time before having to drag myself back to work on Monday. Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Happy March, Yvonne! The mountains in my area are still wearing their white caps. I hope it does rain some more as Southern California desperately needs the water.

    I'm participating in the Book Giveaway Carnival too. It's been fun!

    I need to catch up on this past week's TV shows. Hubby and I will probably watch LOST tonight. I just love that show!

    I hope you have a great week! It's too bad Daylight Savings time doesn't change right in the middle of a work day, isn't it? At least the spring forward part. One less hour at work. Imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have just had a snow shower over her, in North East England, it is soon gone though. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary Feline - Lost was great this week, but now we have to wait two weeks for a new episode :(

    Zetor - I'm glad your snow shower didn't last long. Here, New York, we are having overcast weather but temps are up to 58.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.