Monday, March 30, 2009

Die Before I Wake by Laurie Breton




Genre: Suspense, Mystery, Thriller

Julie Hanrahan experienced many losses in the past few years. She lost her beloved baby, her husband divorced her and then her father died. When she meets Dr. Thomas Larkin on vacation in the Caribbean, she is immediately swept off her feet by the handsome doctor. After only a five day courtship, they marry before going home.

Julie gives up her life in Los Angeles and moves to Tom’s small hometown in Maine. She is met with hostility from Tom’s mother and his 7 year old daughter. Although Tom’s 2 year old daughter seems to love Julie as does his brother.

When she learns that Tom’s wife didn’t die in an accident as he had claimed, Julie begins to regret her decision. Suddenly she begins having accidents and realizes someone wants her out of the picture. She is definitely getting too close for someone’s comfort, but she refuses to stop digging for more information. She has to find out why Tom lied to her and if he could be the killer.

This was an excellent read. It kept me on the edge-of-my-seat until the very end. There were dozens of twists and turns and I wasn’t sure how this would all play out. Julie is a great character filled with strength, although I did question the logic of marrying someone after only five days of knowing him, especially someone with two small children. I would think she wanted to get to know them first, but it was all handled quite believably and I loved how she wouldn’t back down. It definitely left me wanting to read more of Breton’s books, which just happen to be in my humungous TBR.

I have no choice but to give this book the Socrates’ Great Medal Alert.



For reading challenges: Suspense and Thriller Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.