Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks




Genre: Romance, Fiction

Adrienne Willis is heartbroken when her husband leaves her for a younger woman. At 45, Adrienne is not ready to start her life all over again and raise their three children alone. She agrees to take care of a friend’s inn in Rodanthe, North Carolina for a long weekend. When a storm moves in and the inn only has one guest – a very single, handsome guest, her life takes an unexpected turn.

Paul Flanner has lost everything. Thanks to being a workaholic, he lost his wife and son. His son is now grown up and living in Ecuador. Paul plans to reconcile with his son, but first he has to make a stop in Rodanthe. One of Paul’s patients died after surgery and now her widower has a few things he wants to tell Paul. Consumed with feelings of guilt, Paul intends to make things right and explain what happened to the man. He never expected to fall head over heels for the beautiful caretaker of the inn.

Paul and Adrienne are drawn together in just one weekend. A weekend that changes their lives forever by a violent storm and their own passion.

This story is very moving. It will bring both tears and a smile to your face as you read about these two lonely people searching for happiness. Nicholas Sparks’ words flow beautifully through each and every page.

For reading challenges: A to Z Reading Challenges, Read Your Own Book Reading Challenge, Books to Movies Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this, the movie looks so good.
    great review :) glad to hear the book is good.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naida - I plan to eventually see the movie because it really does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this one on my shelf. I'd love to get to it eventually and I'd like to read it before I see the movie. I have a thing about that. I love your new background-it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, I haven't read that one yet, but your review is awesome and I think I have to check my bookshelves to see whether I have it on there somewhere waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.