Thursday, May 30, 2013

Booking Through Thursday - Ideal Reading Spot




If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

I want you to think about your ideal reading experience. Think about the location. (Your bed? Favorite chair? The beach? Indoors or outdoors?). Think about the sounds. (Is there music playing? Happy children playing in the background? Utter silence?) Is there a snack or beverage nearby? Are you alone or with friends/family (presumably being quiet enough for you to read in peace)? What kind of lighting is there? Are you dressed in something ultra-comfy? What’s your position? Curled up? Stretched out?

Now … describe it so that we can all feel exactly how perfect it is … and why.

My answer...

Mmmm...interesting question...

First, I like to read inside. There are less distractions. Plus, I hate bugs and end up spending more time brushing them aside than reading. I prefer to be lying in bed, alone with no music or anything in the background. I need total quiet so I can be totally transported into the pages of the book. I don't eat while I read, but a cold beverage nearby is good (if it's winter then a hot beverage). I'd be wearing something comfy either sweats or a nightshirt. Sometimes with a cat lying by my side.

One thing I should be doing - shutting down my computer. As long as it's on, I easily can be led astray, stop reading and go online. Have to stop that.

So, how about you?

3 comments:

  1. Good point about the computer...I do think about it when it's on, and it intrudes on the reading experience...lol.

    I like quiet, too. Here's

    MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cozy is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean on the computer. It is so distracting to my reading. I get more reading done when I'm not in the same room as one too.


    Also, I LOVE throw blankets for reading. So much so I started collecting them years ago. Don't have many but I love the ones I have. Want to learn how to knit too. Maybe I can make a neat one someday.


    And yes I love my cats, but they irritate me when Im reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.