Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: The Diva Takes the Cake by Krista Davis


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book/Paperback

Publisher:
Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Release Date:
June 2009







Wedding Planner and Domestic Diva, Sophie Winston, has her hands full. Her sister, Hannah is about to be married and Sophie is in charge of putting together a wedding beyond her wildest imagination. However, Sophie hits a snag. For one thing, she hates the groom, Craig, but her sister isn’t listening to her. When the groom’s ex-wife is murdered, Sophie is convinced the groom is the prime suspect. Not that her sister will listen, even the cops won’t listen.

Sophie is determined to prove to Hannah that she’s on the verge of making the biggest mistake of her life. Secrets slowly begin to be revealed and Sophie begins to have second thoughts. Craig’s definitely not the man Hannah thinks he is, but is he really a killer? Sophie is definitely onto something, especially when her own life is threatened.

This story has it all…family secrets, mystery, betrayal, and even a bit of romance for our heroine. Sophie finds herself with more than one suitor but she only has eyes for one. The plot takes so many twists and turns, your head will spin. I enjoyed Sophie and her family. I would love to see more of her romantic interest, Detective Wolf Fleishman, and see if their relationship progresses.

Since this is a wedding setting, it stands to reason there were many characters as they were all wedding guests but I admit, I was having trouble keeping them all straight in my head. There were many people for the reader to get to know, but I do love a book with many characters – all with distinct personalities.

This is the second book in the “A Domestic Diva Mystery” and I enjoyed it. I read the first one a few years ago and have been anxious to read this one for the longest time. I just never got around to it, but thanks to the “Just for Fun Reading Challenge” and “Mount TBR Reading Challenge”, I finally had the chance. Hopefully I will get to the next one sooner.




For reading challenges:
2014 Just For Fun Reading Challenge
2014 Mount TBR Reading Challenge


FTC Disclosure: This book is from my own personal collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Hm if she is wrong I would be so mad at her

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun Diva series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really cute. Loved your review. I haven't ready any of this series. I love a good cozy. Will definitely look it up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds good. I'll have to see if my library has it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.