Monday, March 10, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - March 11th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




As I stood in the hallway on a dark autumn afternoon searching the bookshelves for something to take my mind off my crushing sadness and pain, I felt the unmistakable brush of a cat's tail caress my leg, a sensation that any cat lover in the world would recognize. Before I could look down though, a sudden movement above caught my eye, and I spotted by Russian Blue cat, Shadow, sitting on the top of a bookcase halfway down the hall.

An icy chill raced through me the second I saw him watching me from so far away.

The reason? I had only one cat now.



Would you keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. Yes I would. Creepy but I would like to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a cat lover, I'd keep reading -- enjoy and so happy you joined us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good, but I'm more of a "dog person". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelves full of books and a cat...what's not to like?? I'd keep reading.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/first-chapter-first-paragraph-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that just sent a chill down my back (or leg!). I want to know more....here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy! I would certainly keep reading. Come see my teasers from Retribution by Anderson Harp and Dangerous by Shannon Hale. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover, but that teaser is creepily alluring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, great teaser. I would definitely keep reading this one. Mine: Face the Fire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I would read this - I have a Russian Blue mix who is very vocal and nosey!
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.