Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: Murder at Cold Creek College by Christa Nardi





Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Release Date:
January 2014



Professor and psychologist , Sheridan Hendley, works at Cold Creek College and is busy preparing for the new semester. She is surprised when she arrives at the school and finds much activity going on at the school’s rec center. She quickly learns one of her colleagues, Adam Millberg, has been murdered and her closest friend is being accused of the crime. Sheridan is determined to prove her innocence.

When the handsome detective on the case, Brett McMann, enlists her assistance in learning about the college and the people who worked there, it helps her own cause to clear her friend’s name. At the same time, she finds herself more and more attracted to Brett and the feeling appears to be mutual.

Brett and Sheridan uncover many unsavory things about Adam. He was much more than a professor at the school. There had been a whole other side of him and that other side may have got him killed.

As Brett and Sheridan’s relationship progresses, so does the investigation. Sheridan figures she must be getting close to solving the case because her tires are slashed and she’s attacked in the parking lot. Obviously she’s onto something, but she doesn’t have a clue as to what that something is.

I can already tell that Christa Nardi is on her way to a successful cozy mystery series. It took me a little time to jump into it, but when I did, it moved along at a nice pace. Nardi creates realistic characters that readers can identify with and grow to care about. The storyline is believable and fun to along with Sheridan.

It had the feel of an old-fashioned mystery with a sweet romance weaved through it. It is the definition of a cozy mystery – no blood, gore, or sex. A good mystery with a romantic touch. I already have the second book on my shopping list.





For reading challenges:
2014 ARC Reading Challenge
2014 E-Book Reading Challenge
2014 My Kind of Mystery Reading Challenge
Crusin’ thru the Cozies

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cozy to cuddle up with on a cold or rainy evening. Terrific review, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I've got it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mysteries with a hint of romance. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds interesting ~ old-fashioned mystery with a bit of romance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.