Tuesday, August 11, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - August 11th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm featuring one of the books I'll be reading soon.



First chapter....

If it hadn't been for the herd of wild animals thundering through my kitchen, I wouldn't have agreed to my best friend's plan so quickly. I don't live on a Montana ranch or an African preserve, but my suburban Washington, D.C., home more than qualifies as a zoo, especially on playgroup days.

"Mommy's on the phone!" I yelled as four kids screeched by, seemingly oblivious. Two of them were mine, so I blamed myself for their manners. But where was Irene, the other mom? I hoped she wasn't using Jack and Sophie's bathroom upstairs, which looked like it had been hit by a monsoon. That's what happens when you bathe children while devouring People magazine. Things get out of hand. It had been the most peaceful time of day so far.


Teaser....

"What do you mean missing?" I asked.

"She hasn't shown up for anything this week. Not checkups, not counseling, not even classes."

"What kind of classes? Childbirth?"

What do you think?  Would you keep reading?


22 comments:

  1. I would keep reading! I like the teaser and the opener. Plus I like a good light mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I would keep reading!

    My teaser is HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure, keep reading.

    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely keep reading. Here is my TT
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/08/teaser-tuesday-22.html?zx=67b31af5feeb01d9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep reading. This sounds like a lot of fun. The teaser on my adult blog comes from Deceptions by Kelley Armstrong this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read!

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/08/first-chapter-first-paragraph-116.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that opening. Sounds really funny. The teaser sounds fun as well. Putting this one on my list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the description in the opening. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features THE LAND OF MANGO SUNSETS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wild day and sounds like it is going to get a lot wilder!
    Mine this week: https://madamevauquer.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/sue-grafton-undertow-kinsey-millhone/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I can relate! LOL I would definitely keep reading. Thanks for sharing, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I really loved the excerpts...and the MC's voice would keep me engaged. She sounds funny, while being overwhelmed. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “X: (KINSEY MILLHONE BOOK #24)”


    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is right up my alley and I have it on my wish list. Sounds so fun!

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/11/teaser-tuesdays-125-a-big-little-life-by-dean-koontz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun read so I'd definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beginning is such a relatable moment to most moms. LOL
    Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd definitely keep reading! And I can totally relate to that first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks fun, I'd keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess. I would have to be in a really lighthearted mood for this one. I love the cover and the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.