Saturday, August 15, 2015

Review: Simon’s Cat Off To The Vet…And Other Cat-astrophes by Simon Tofield

Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Akashic Books

Release Date:
October 2015



I love the Simon’s Cat books. Okay, so I'm a cat lover...not a big secret :)  Of course I'm going to be a Simon fan.  The drawings make me laugh and, in their own way, are quite realistic when dealing with a cat. Anyone with a cat can identify with them, especially the ones in this book showing the trip to the vet. I’ve had my own adventures with my cats going to the vet. Not an event I ever look forward to. There’s also a bathroom drawing that had me nodding my head in agreement.  Too funny and too accurate!

The fun doesn't stop there.  You really need to get this book to truly appreciate what this author has done.  He's creative, intelligent and knows how to draw with humor.

These are collectible books that you will want to savor and save forever. This latest one is another keeper. It makes the grayest day seem bright. I needed something to make me smile right now and this one did the trick. Loved it and am looking forward to the next one.



For reading challenges:
2015 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: Edelweiss provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


Did I mention that Simon has his own channel on You Tube? Check it out…


3 comments:

  1. We're huge fans of Simon's cat here at home, when we find a new video, we all circle around the computer to watch it :) And Simon's cat is getting famous in France, I saw a special diary at the supermarket ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.