Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday - February 12th


This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


This is the start of a new cozy mystery series.  Looks good.





Synopsis from Goodreads:

Jane Darrowfield is a year into her retirement, and she's already traveled and planted a garden. She's organized her photos, her recipes, and her spices. The statistics suggest she has at least a few more decades ahead of her, so she better find something to do . . .

JANE DARROWFIELD, PROFESSIONAL BUSYBODY

After Jane helps a friend with a sticky personal problem, word starts to spread around her bridge club--and then around all of West Cambridge, Massachusetts--that she's the go-to girl for situations that need discreet fixing. Soon she has her first paid assignment--the director of a 55-and-over condo community needs her to de-escalate hostilities among the residents. As Jane discovers after moving in for her undercover assignment, the mature set can be as immature as any high schoolers, and war is breaking out between cliques.

It seems she might make some progress--until one of the aging "popular kids" is bludgeoned to death with a golf club. And though the automatic sprinklers have washed away much of the evidence, Jane's on course to find out whodunit . . .



Publisher: Kensington
Release Date: June 30, 2020


Which books are you waiting for?

3 comments:

  1. We have a professional busybody in our neighborhood. I'm so tempted to read this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of this one!!

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, a new cozy series and author for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.