Saturday, February 1, 2020

Review: The Great Lab Escape by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick



Genre:
Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
October 30, 2018







Synopsis from Goodreads:

What do you do when you discover you're the first cat to learn to read?
You run!

Before Mia was the remarkable detective cat, she was a test subject at Caput Laboratories. When she begins to notice words jumping off the page, she's determined not to spend the rest of her life in the lab.

Everything goes awry when her plan to intentionally fail her test backfires —badly. Can she make her escape with only her wits and her newfound reading skills? And will she make it in the big world outside the lab's walls?

My Review

The book is told from the kitty’s point of view.  Mia learns she can read, but she doesn’t want to stay cooped up in a lab for the rest of her life.  She comes up with a plan to escape but things don’t quite go her way.

It’s a race for Mia to find her forever home.

This is a cute prequel to The Kitten Files mystery series. I never heard of it before but got it as a freebie and I can’t resist a kitty book. It may still be free. The only thing that would have made it better were if it were longer.  It's very short, but there are still four more books in the series so I still have a chance to catch up on Mia’s antics.

For reading challenges:
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2020
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2020
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2020

Disclosure:  This one is from my own Kindle library collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This book and the rest of the series sound good. I just this and will get the others as I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like quite the fun series. And I'm always happy to discover a new author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.