Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday - November 15th






This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


I thought this sounded good.







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Three generations of women learn to own their mistakes and rebuild their bonds as they prepare to compete in the Senior Synchronized Swimming Competition in South Florida.

West Palm Beach, 1999. A phone call summons fifty-eight-year-old Cherie Anderson from a frozen Minnesota to help her two Dale, the mother who left her when she was five and is facing eviction from her budget apartment complex, Soleil City, and Marlys, the mother who raised her from that moment on--and who’s now dying, but won’t admit it to her daughter. Cherie seeks a reason to stay in town long enough to give Dale the help she’s finally asked for and Marlys the help she clearly needs. And she must find a project to distract her pregnant daughter Laura, whose marriage has fallen apart weeks before her due date.

The South Florida Senior Synchronized Swimming Competition seems to be the answer. The publicity from winning the competition, along with the ten-thousand-dollar prize money, could help save Soleil City. With Laura, who used to captain a dance team, as their coach, they’ve got a fighting chance. And with everyone else preoccupied by the competition, Cherie can focus on saving Marlys before it’s too late.

Over the course of a month in an apartment complex filled with feisty, funny, strong-willed women in their 70s, four women who make up an uneasy family will realize that in life, and motherhood, there isn't good and bad. There's only trying to get it right.

Publisher:  Random House
Release Date: July 9, 2024




What book are you waiting for?





7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sound of this one! The relationship between mothers and daughters is so often fraught - I hope you enjoy this offering, Yvonne:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a book with older characters! I hope that you enjoy it Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This looks like a cute read and I love the synchronized swimming on the cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Synchronized swimming to pull them together sounds crazy enough to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the premise of this, especially that it features older women. I am adding this to my wish list. I hope you love it when you read it, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover but what really sold me was the Senior Synchronized Swimming. Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.