Thursday, November 9, 2023

Review: Dead Man’s Dish by Audrey Alden

 


About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-ARC

Release Date
November 9, 2023


My Review


Rose Dela Cruz is busy trying to make her private investigation business a success.  She takes a break to go on a cruise with her sister when she has to put her P.I. skills to use to solve a murder.  The captain of the ship is so impressed, he offers her a position as Cruise Director.  She’s not sure she qualifies, but the captain convinces her she’ll be a great addition to the team.

Her first cruise as Cruise Director is anything but quiet.  Rose discovers a very wealthy passenger has died under suspicious circumstances.  She and the captain decide to keep it quiet from the rest of the crew and passengers until they’ve had a chance to investigate.

Rose Dela Cruz is a strong, lively new sleuth in the amateur sleuth world.  She has her sister, as well as a cute beagle, to help out.  They work well together and make a great team.

I love cruise ship mysteries and this one did not disappoint.  It’s fun and the author made me feel as if I was actually on the cruise ship investigating with Rose.  

There is never a dull moment on this cruise.  The story is fast-pace with a couple of potential suspects.  This is the second book in the series and definitely won’t be my last.  I don’t think you have to read the first one, but I think it’s so much better if you do.  It gives you more background as to Rose’s circumstances.

Overall, a delightful, exciting cozy mystery.  I can’t wait to read the next one.





FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. Next time I'm hankering to be on a ship at sea, I'll check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun and like a book I need to get before our next cruise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.