Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker




Genre: Suspense, Thriller
Format: EBook

FBI Special Agent Brad Raines is investigating one of the most difficult cases of his career. There’s a serial killer out there killing beautiful women and leaving behind a note and a white bridal veil. The investigation leads Brad to the Center for Wellness and Intelligence, a private hospital for the mentally ill. Each patient possesses a special gift which could help lead Brad directly to the killer’s doorstep.

Paradise, a resident of the Center, possesses one such gift. She sees ghosts. Brad seeks her help in tracking down the killer before he strikes again. When the killer makes it personal, Brad and Paradise are led right into his evil web. Together they must put a stop to these murders, but the killer is always one step ahead of them.

This is my first Ted Dekker book and it won’t be my last. The book is unique in that we see the point of view from both the killer and Raines’. It gives the reader a different aspect. Each character is developed very well with the killer and the residents of the Center being the strongest in the book. Although readers know who the killer is from the start, it’s still filled with suspense and a few twists tossed into the mix.

6 comments:

  1. Aha so the killer is known at once, well it is a way to mix it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful, scarey and creepy world of Ted Dekker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, I just received my audio book of this--thanks! In your review, it sounds terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds creepy and oh so good, great review, definitely picking this one up, I haven't read TedD either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received this one some months ago now and just haven't gotten around to reading it. Sounds like I have missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good. It is already on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing, Yvonne....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.