Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A-Z Wednesday


This is a fun meme hosted by Reading at the Beach


Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one with an author whose first or last name starts with the letter of the week.

Post:

1~ a photo of the book

2~ title and synopsis

3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.

(We all love comments, don't we?)

Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: "D"



I'm going to go with the book I'm currently reading "The Bride Collector" by Ted Dekker. I've never read this author before. I tried this one first in audio but it wasn't working for me in that format. Then the library had it in ebook format so I downloaded it from them and I'm really enjoying it much more. I guess I couldn't give it my total attention as I listened in the car. This is one that I need to concentrate on and read.



This is the synopsis from Fantastic Fiction:

FBI Special Agent Brad Raines is facing his toughest case yet. A Denver serial killer has killed four beautiful young women, leaving a bridal veil at each crime scene, and he's picking up his pace. Unable to crack the case, Raines appeals for help from a most unusual source: residents of the Center for Wellbeing and Intelligence, a private psychiatric institution for mentally ill individuals whose are extraordinarily gifted.It's there that he meets Paradise, a young woman who witnessed her father murder her family and barely escaped his hand. Diagnosed with schizophrenia, Paradise may also have an extrasensory gift: the ability to experience the final moments of a person's life when she touches the dead body.In a desperate attempt to find the killer, Raines enlists Paradise's help. In an effort to win her trust, he befriends this strange young woman and begins to see in her qualities that most 'sane people' sorely lack. Gradually, he starts to question whether sanity resides outside the hospital walls...or inside.As the Bride Collector increases the pace and volume of his gruesome crucifixions, the case becomes even more personal to Raines when his friend and colleague, a beautiful young forensic psychologist, becomes the Bride Collector's next target. The FBI believes that the killer plans to murder seven women. Can Paradise help before it's too late?

6 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this author all around and I'm very curious...this one sounds great!

    For mine, click my name for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost used Ted Dekker today too as I am a big fan. Enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My curiosity is up on this one.

    My `D` is up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read the book, It looks really good:)) But here is mine:
    http://bookjunkiemom09.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/a-z-wednesday-9110/
    and
    http://elisha-mythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/09/z-wednesday-9110.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.