Monday, September 27, 2010

Musing Mondays - Suggestions Anyone?



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

If your book group asked you to bring two (2) suggestions for group reads to your next meeting, what two books would you suggest? Why?

My answer...

One book I'd suggest is the one I just finished, Broken Birds by Jeannette Katzir. Although it's a sad book, and we'd all probably end up crying, I think it makes for a thought-provoking discussion. The discussion could revolve around how a tragedy (in this case the Holocaust)shapes the future of the people involved as well as future family members - how different people react to the same event.

The second book I'd suggest is Red Mist by Richard Taylor. Although it's an "old discussion" about JFK's assassination and Marilyn Monroe's death, I've always been fascinated by both tragedies and a discussion about this would be very interesting to me.

Seems like I chose sad books this week, but both books were so very good.

What would you pick?

funny pictures-cat rule 67#  whats yours is theres and whats theirs is theirs
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

11 comments:

  1. I think I'm in the same mode you are. Although mine are sad with happy messages. ha! ha! I think we all get into those modes.

    Here's my MM for the week:
    http://composingcat.blogspot.com/2010/09/musing-mondays-9272010.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cat photo...are they getting ready for Cat Thursday?

    Wow, one of the books you mentioned touched on the Marilyn Monroe topic, and so did one of mine.

    You can read my post here:

    Click on my name....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Broken Birds would make for a great discussion.
    I think another good one would be Memoirs of a Geisha.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, yes that photo says it all!

    Hm, dunno what I would pick but I love your first choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to cry in public...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either of your choices, but they both sound good. I would choose Time's Legacy by Barbara Erskine as it looks at religion in a completely different way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would choose books by some of my favorite authors, so I would enjoy my reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think conspiracy type books would make for good discussion, the only problem is getting me to read them. I would be bored out of my mind, I think...Here is my Musing For Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Broken Birds, but haven't started it quite yet. Hopefully, I will soon.

    GREAT photo! (I need a cute cat photo for my next RRT post.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are new to me. I'll have to google them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.