Thursday, September 30, 2010

Booking through Thursday - Series Books



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.



This week's question...

If you read series, do you ever find a series “jumping the shark?” How do you feel about that?

And, do you keep reading anyway?

My answer...

I love series books. I can't think of any, in particular, that have "jumped the shark", but I'm sure it happens. All I ask of a series is that they keep the characters' portrayals consistent with previous books. I hate when someone acts "out of character" unless it's due to a major life event that causes it. It's natural for anyone facing a life changing event to not react like they normally would, but when a character does something that's not usual for no apparent reason - I hate that.

Yes, I would probably continue reading it. Once I start a series, it's hard for me to break away. However, it might take forever for me to get to the next books in the series.

funny pictures-is too erly. put teh sun back down, plz.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

6 comments:

  1. I've been lucky to have read some good series, so I've always finished, but I would probably finish it, because you just have to know what happens.
    MY BTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with me, I have a hard time breaking away, but I do not like when things totally seem out of order either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to finish series, too, just to see how things wrap up!

    Here's my BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten better at giving up on books that aren't interesting to me (too many other books out there to get to). Here's my BTT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/booking-through-thursday-series-shark.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to read series in order, so I have a bunch of unfinished series on my TBR mountain, waiting to be complete so I can read them!

    I wanted to let you know that I have passed a blog award on to you! You can see the details here: http://crzycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-awards-for-crazy-cat-ladys.html

    Hugs~

    Crazy Cat Lady
    ccllibrary(at)aol(dot)com
    http://crzycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really thought I was a "serial reader" but I have become one to an extent. So far, I haven't felt the need to "jump the shark", luckily. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.