Sunday, September 1, 2013

Review: Cathedral Windows by Clare O’Donohue


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Plume (Penguin Group, USA)

Release Date:
November 2012







It’s Christmas time in the small town of Archer’s Rest in Hudson Valley. The town is busily preparing for the holiday festivities when tragedy strikes.



When a beloved teacher is accused of burning down his family home, Nell Fitzgerald is the only one in town who believes in his innocence and she’s determined to prove it. With the help of her friends at her grandmother’s shop, Someday Quilts, Nell starts her own investigation.

This is a novella from Clare O’Donohue’s Someday Quilts Mystery series. There are four books in the series before this one. I didn’t read any of them and this novella was my introduction to the books. I very much dislike beginning a series in the middle but that’s been happening more often than not since I’ve been reviewing books. I’m quickly learning, that it doesn’t really matter – at least not with all series. Some you definitely need to start at the beginning, but some not. I found this was one of those books I could jump right into.

The great thing about this short story is that it introduced me to all the characters in the series. In a few pages, I was in love with Nell and her boyfriend, Jesse. It’s the perfect setting for a cozy mystery and had all the ingredients that I look for in my reading. A wonderful cast of characters, the perfect quaint setting, and a mystery to try and unravel along with Nell.

Another series for me to add to my “must-read” series. I do have the next novella and book #5 to be reviewed, but I’m going to try and read the first four books first. I’m not sure I will be successful, but I already can’t get enough of this series.  I'm definitely hooked!

Even though this is a short story and I was able to read it in just a couple of hours, I’m giving it my highest five kitty rating. Any story that makes me smile and gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, deserves high ratings from me.





FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed this one! It's good when series books are written so they can be read out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I will have to check out this series! I like cozies that leave a warm fuzzy feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.