Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Toys by James Patterson


Genre:
Thriller, Suspense

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Little, Brown & Company

Release Date:
December 2011









Synopsis from Goodreads:

James Bond and Jason Bourne have just been topped! A battle for the world is set into unstoppable motion and Hays Baker is the only one who can save it. Hays Baker and his wife Lizbeth possess super-human strength, extraordinary intelligence, stunning looks, a sex life to die for, and two beautiful children. Of course they do--they're Elites, endowed at birth with the very best that the world can offer. The only problem in their perfect world: humans and their toys!

The one with the most toys--dies

The top operative for the Agency of Change, Hays has just won the fiercest battle of his career. He has been praised by the President, and is a national hero. But before he can savor his triumph, he receives an unbelievable shock that overturns everything he thought was true. Suddenly Hays is on the other side of the gun, forced to leave his perfect family and fight for his life.

Now a hunted fugitive, Hays is thrown into a life he never dreamed possible--fighting to save humans everywhere from extinction. He enlists all of his training to uncover the truth that will save millions of lives--maybe even his own. James Patterson's Toys is a thriller on a hyper plane--with a hero who rivals both James Bond and Jason Bourne.


My Review:

I'm a huge James Patterson fan and haven't had a chance to read his books in awhile.  So, when I saw this audio book at my library, I grabbed it.  I listened to it on my way to and from work.  It was filled with excitement and adventure from the first disc to the last.  It's a bit hard, at times, to listen and concentrate on a book like this when you are driving, but thanks to the voice of Matthew Bomer (Neal from the USA TV show White Collar), I got caught up in it and couldn't stop listening.

This book had the feel of a movie.  They should make one from it and it should star Bomer :)  If you like science fiction mixed with fantasy and suspense, this one is for you.









FTC Disclosure: I took this one out of the library for my own enjoyment. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I have only read one of Patterson's adult titles and that was Zoo at the beginning of the year I believe and I didn't care for it at all but this one looks quite good. I'm going to have to see if my library has this one, the premise is really interesting :)
    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only seen movies made from his books

    ReplyDelete
  3. got to check it out.. I love his books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like it would be a good book to listen to while driving. Terrific review, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.