Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA Introduction

http://www.armchairbea.com/


I've always wanted to either attend BEA or join everyone for Armchair BEA and I never got around to it.  So, I'm really excited to be here this year.

To start off...here's something about Yvonne @ Socrates' Book Reviews....




1.  Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from? 

I'm Yvonne and I started blogging in May of 2008.  May 29th to be exact, so this is my 6th year blogoversary coming up!  I never ever thought I'd be doing this for this length of time.  I started blogging when I saw others doing it and it seemed like a great way to keep track of books you read and how you like (or don't like them).  I didn't realize I'd be entering the world of reviewing and that the blog would take off like this.  Besides keeping track of books, I figured this would be a great way to meet fellow readers and I've certainly done that.  I'm blogging from New York, but a couple of hours east of the big city :)

*************

2.  Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details -- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. -- so we can connect more online. 

 "A place to get away from it all and read!"

Twitter:  @yvonne473
Goodreads:   http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/327853-yvonne
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/yvonne473

 *************

3.  What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .

I have no clue how it happened but I've become addicted to cozy mysteries.  Most of my life I've been a huge romance/women's fiction reader.  Somewhere along the line that changed and now I'm primarily a cozy mystery reader but I do read romance/romantic suspense/women's fiction.

Mysteries, suspense, thrillers have always been a favorite of mine because I love to try and figure things out.

*************

4.  What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year? 

One book?????  Just one????  I can't pick just one...not possible, but here's a few that I loved and gave five stars to...





My favorite so far???? That's way too hard but I will say this year I've been enjoying cozy mysteries like crazy.


*************

5.  What book would you love to see as a movie?

That's easy...I think this one would be great...

20 comments:

  1. Happy Armchair BEA! Have fun!
    Happy blogversary and I agree, On the Island would make for a fantastic film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naida. I thought On the Island was perfect for a movie as soon as I read it.

      Delete
  2. Happy upcoming blogiversary.

    Cozies are just a focus of the other genres you mention. They take those things and work a mystery into it, too, which is probably why you enjoy them.

    And what does it say about my reading that I haven't read any of the favorites you named.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark.

      That's true...cozies are a specialized sub-genre of mysteries as are thrillers and romantic suspense. Basically, I enjoy trying to figure things out.

      That means you have a bunch of your own favorites and there are many, many great books out there - too many to name!

      Delete
  3. You have blogged 6 months longer than I :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so we've basically been doing it for the same length of time.

      Delete
  4. We started blogging around the same time! My first blog was created on April 21, 2008. I didn't do much connecting, though, until a year later.

    Welcome to Armchair BEA!

    Here's MY ARMCHAIR BEA POST


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like quite a few of us started around the same time. I don't know about you, but I never thought I'd be still doing it 6 years later.

      Thanks for the welcome. This looks like fun!

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Ashley!

    J.J. Cook has fast become a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6 years - congrats!
    It's also my first Armchair BEA - can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great getting to know more about you Yvonne! Glad you joined in this year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

      Delete
  8. So I have to read a cosy mystery for a challenge and I am not a mystery reader. What is your number one recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Number one? That's hard. There are so many wonderful authors out there. You can't go wrong with J.J. Cook, Duffy Brown, Laura Childs, Peg Cochran, Ellery Adams...it all depends on the type you want to read. There are animal cozies, culinary cozies, hobby cozies...I read them all and my preference is cat cozies. Sofie Ryan just began a brand new series and the first book is The Whole Cat and Caboodle. It's the first book. So you can get in on the ground floor :)

      Delete
  9. Six years and going strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 6th Blogoversary! I can't get enough cozy mysteries either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana.

      Lately, the cozies have been outstanding...one better than the next.

      Delete
  11. Happy almost-blogoversary, Yvonne! It's funny - I guess I got to "know" you after you started reading so many cozies, because they are what I associate with your blog. Speaking of which, thank you for hosting Cruisin' Through the Cozies for the last few years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.