Monday, May 5, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - May 6th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading... (well, I'm actually almost finished reading it)...




Marla Vail sat wedged between her husband Dalton in the aisle seat and a young couple on the other side. Her temples throbbed from the stark overhead lighting and the must odor o fold carpet in their community clubhouse. Or maybe her headache was induced by Alan Krabber, president of the Royal Oaks Homeowners Association. He ran their annual meeting with the subtlety of a drill sergeant.

Krabber sat at a long table facing the members. Flanking him to his left were the other Board officers. He addressed one of the residents in an exasperated tone.

"I don't care how long your sister is visiting, lady. City code says recreational vehicles have to be parked in a side yard, and that includes trailers like hers. They're supposed to be blocked from view by a solid fence or dense shrubbery."

What do you think? Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read, I would carry on reading more, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww....snippy, isn't he? I'd probably read a bit before I decided about this one.
    My teaser today is from The All Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds quite confusing, which means I'd definitely read on because I want to know what it means! Also, Krabber doesn't sound like a nice guy! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy the rest of the book!
    My Tuesday posts
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably really like this one. I am NOT a fan of Homeowner Associations! I already do not like Alan Krabber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would continue reading. I want to know how she responds. One of my son's lives in one of those communities. I think their trash cans have to go in back of the house. I think all the plastic cans look alike too. Never have thought about whether I like those kind of rules. I guess it does stop people from painting their houses bubble gum pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the intro, teaser and cover! Happy reading!!

    Here is my teaser post!

    AND

    Here is my Intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we know what they say about power corrupting...
    sounds like some drama & a good read ahead - HapPy TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would agree with trailers being an eyesore, but there are worse things to worry about (such as a non-stop barking, vicious dog that the entire neighborhood is afraid of). Why do I have the feeling that Krabber is sbout to be done in? Mine: One Hundred Years of Solitude

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can already sense a battle amongst the town folk...and those kinds of conflicts make for good story. I would keep reading. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: MERCY SNOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've having a terrible hair day today . . . What a great tag for a mystery series! LOL Very catchy.

    As for the intro, I would keep reading. I am starting to suffer from mystery withdrawals. I need to read a good mystery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a fun story. One of the characters in my book is an HOA president with the same personality, so I can definitely relate!
    My Teaser is from PATTY JANE'S HOUSE OF CURL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure where it's going but I'd like to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would keep on reading to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a cozy mystery with the victim identified in the first paragraph. lol I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a funny read to make you smile - sometimes we need just that.
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like fun and living in a condo, I know rules are rules:) Thanks for joining us Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a cozy fan, so I doubt I'd keep reading. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.