Tuesday, November 20, 2018

2019 Literary Escapes Challenge - Sign Up


This is another one of my favorite reading challenges. I'm signing up again for 2019. It's hosted by Lori at Escape with Dollycas.



Here are the details:

Challenge – Try to read 1 book set in each of the 50 states + the District of Columbia. (51 Points). If you complete the challenge you earn 50 Bonus Points. You also can earn Bonus Points for books set in Counties around the world. 1 Bonus Point for each country. (No repeats – only 1 point can be earned for each country.)

Your books can be fiction or non-fiction and can be in any format, print, digital, audio.

So how do you decide what state a book is categorized under?
1. In a fiction read it would be the State or Country that the book spends the most time in. (Ie. If your main character is from Wisconsin but the book is all about his/her time in college in California – the books should categorize under California….)

2. Non fiction reads categorize in whatever State or Country it is about (Ie…. a book about fly fishing in Colorado is a Colorado point, and a book about women in Afghanistan is an Afghanistan point.

3. If the book goes from one state to another… go with the state that most of the time is spent.


I'll be listing my books here as I read them...

Alabama

Alaska - The Snowman Killer by Wendy Meadows (Click here for my review.)

Arizona

Arkansas

California - Corned Beef and Casualties by Lynn Cahoon (Click here for my review.)

Colorado

Connecticut - Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass by Heather Day Gilbert (Click here for my review.)

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida - The Cha Cha Babes of Pelican Way by Frances Metzman (Click here to read my review.)

Georgia - An Artful Assassination by Susan Harper (Click here for my review.)

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana  -  A Literal Mess by J.C. Kenney (Click here for my review.)

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky - Layover by David Bell (Click here for my review.)

Louisiana - Mumbo Gumbo Murder by Laura Childs and Terrie Farley Moran (Click here for my review.)

Maine -  No Escape Claws by Sofie Ryan (Click here for my review.)

Maryland

Massachusetts - Murder's No Votive Confidence by Christin Brecher (Click here for my review.)

Michigan -Mulberry Mischief by Sharon Farrow (Click here for my review.)

Minnesota - A Night's Tail by Sofie Kelly (Click here for my review.)

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana - Last Pen Standing by Vivian Conroy (Click here for my review.)

Nebraska

Nevada - Christmas Trifle by Heather Haven (Click here for my review.)

New Hampshire

New Jersey - One Feta In The Grave by Tina Kashian (Click here for my review.)

New Mexico

New York -Murder Wears A  Little Black Dress by Debra Sennefelder (Click here for my review.)

North Carolina

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma - Hope Smolders by Jaci Burton (Click here for my review.)

Oregon -   A Very Mummy Holiday by Lynn Cahoon (Click here for my review.)

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina - Broken Bone China by Laura Childs (Click here for my review.)

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia - Designs on Murder by Gayle Leeson (Click here for my review.)

Washington - Murder Likes It Hot by Tracy Weber (Click here for my review.)

West Virginia - Not A Creature Was Stirring by Christina Freeburn (Click here for my review.)

Wisconsin - Snowflakes and Sparks by Sophie-Leigh Robbins (Click here for my review.)

Wyoming - Healing Hearts by Sarah M. Eden (Click here to read my review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.