Monday, December 23, 2019

Review: The Snowman Killer by Wendy Meadows




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Majestic Owl Publishing, LLC

Release Date:
May 25, 2017








Synopsis from Goodreads:

This winter cozy mystery series can be read in one to two hours. It is perfect for those moments when you are waiting at an appointment or want to enjoy a quick read.

Sarah Garland, a retired homicide detective who’s gone through a painful divorce, seems to have found her peace at last, as a coffeeshop owner, in the sleepy (and freezing) small town of Snow Falls, Alaska. What she didn’t expect, was for her past life to catch up with her. Or, for her new life as a mystery writer to inspire a deadly killer to target her.

Yet, when the killer leaves a frightening clue-a creepy snowman, donning a leather jacket and eating a peppermint candy cane, left in front of her cabin-Sarah begins to suspect Conrad Spencer, the new detective in town, who is pursuing a murderer of his own. Soon, it becomes obvious that the sleuths would have to join forces, in order to catch the killer.

Sarah and Conrad must put their tragic pasts behind them and find out who’s after her…before the trail becomes frozen.

My Review

Retired cop, now mystery writer and coffee shop owner, Sarah Garland, moves to the small town of Snow Falls in Alaska. Talk about getting away from it all, she left the busy city of Los Angeles to settle in her new home. Unfortunately, it’s not as relaxing as she thought it would be.

When a snowman, wearing a leather jacket and eating a candy cane appears in front of her house, Sarah is not amused. The snowman is scary looking and resembles the scary one featured in Sarah’s mystery books. It doesn’t take long to realize the snowman is a threat and her life is in danger.

Wendy Meadows does an excellent job of drawing the reader into this edge-of-your-seat story. It almost felt like I was watching a movie unfold. I felt cold just reading this book - as if I really were in Alaska. LOL

The characters are well-written. I really cared what happened to Sarah, as well as Conrad Spencer - a cop on his own mission to find a killer.

This is a short book and I gobbled it right up. I’m definitely gearing up to reading the next book in this winter cozy mystery series.


For reading challenges:
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2019 (Alaska)

I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library . All opinions expressed are my own.



2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.