Monday, June 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - June 5th



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




The very first line of the book...

"I've come to rescue you," said the wild-looking woman at Beatrice's front door.

and then a couple of paragraphs down...

Besides, who'd want to be rescued by this woman, even if rescuing were in order?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting :) A stranger at the door wanting to rescue you, when you didnt know you needed rescuing.

    Just wanted to check in with you and say Hi.
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great opening! It looks like it could be a fun book to read. My teasers this week are from Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller and Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of this one...and that is definitely an opener that got my attention!

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an opening! Thanks for sharing. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific teaser! I wonder what's going on?! Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cover and teaser.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a quilter, so this book sounds like just the thing for me. Thanks for introducing me to it, and to its author.
    My Teaser is from Toxic Torte.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like a fun light read, love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recommendation.

    My teaser comes from Bitter Harvest by Sheila Connelly which is the 4th book in the Orchard Mystery series which is excellent. You cannot put them down, I just spend a week reading all 4.

    "That was a rifle shot aimedd at you!"
    The reality of what just happened caught up to her as she fell on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this series and will eventually get around to reading it. It sounds great.

      Delete
  10. Sounds fun. Wonder who the woman is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.