Sunday, June 24, 2012

For Whom The Funeral Bell Tolls by Livia J. Washburn


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
EBook (also available as paperback)

Publisher:
Createspace

Release Date:
February 2012







Divorcee Delilah Dickinson runs her own literary tour group. With the help of her daughter and son-in-law, Delilah leads groups of tourists on exciting vacations. This time, her group heads to Key West, Florida where they plan to visit the home of the legendary Ernest Hemingway.

Everyone loves Delilah’s literary tour groups, except for one small thing. Someone always turns up dead and it somehow ends up in Delilah’s lap to find out the culprit. She prays this trip will be different.

Of course, things never quite go as planned. One member of her group prides himself on knowing everything about Hemingway’s life and is so obsessed with the late author, that he appears to have committed suicide. They fear he had been trying to recreate Hemingway’s real suicide.

It doesn’t take Delilah long to figure out that this is another murder, and not a suicide, that happens on her watch. As she worries about the future of her travel company, she’s also concerned for the safety of her clients as well as herself. In the midst of the craziness, she finds herself attracted to the owner of the resort, which makes her even more anxious to discover who the murder is in order to prevent his resort from suffering from the bad publicity.

This is the fourth book of Livia J. Washburn’s “A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery” series and what fun it is! I didn’t read the first three, although I do have them in my TBR and really need to read.

Check out these covers and titles:


“For Whom the Funeral Bell Tolls” is a quick read with a crazy cast of characters. Delilah is a strong, feisty heroine and the setting of Key West is perfect. I’ve been there myself and loved every minute of it. This book transported me back to this beautiful resort town. The plot moved along at a good pace, but I must admit, I did figure out who did it but I didn’t realize it until two-thirds of the way through.

I love the premise of these books and I think it’s a unique idea to base it on a tour group dealing with famous literary figures. I love the hobby-related cozy themes, but this was different and grabbed my interest immediately. I’m looking forward to reading the backlist.

 

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own. 

For reading challenges:

 2012 Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge
Cruisin’ Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge
2012 E-Book Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.