Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Salon - May Wrap Up!



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I can't believe May is over and June is here, but that's what it is :) I only read 6 books in May:

Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James
Desert Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke
Murder on Devon by Maggie Anderson
Shear Murder by Nancy J. Cohen
Dead Locked by Amy Saunders
Plum Spook by Janet Evanovich (audio)
A Fistful of Collars by Spencer Quinn

All are good books...many mysteries this month. Certainly not a hardship for me to read mysteries. I love them. The only book I haven't reviewed yet is Plum Spooky. I think the "between the numbers" books don't interest me as much as they actual Stephanie Plum books. For those who don't read the series, Her books have numbers in their titles. Plum Spooky (and a few others) are written between the number books. Kind of a way to tide readers over until the number books come out (usually they are a year apart). They are okay, but I don't think they are nearly as good as the regular books. This series used to be a favorite of mine but I kind of lost interest and have to get back to the number ones.

The weather in New York goes from being very hot to being cooler with rain. Either one always seems like a great time to read. LOL I'm currently reading a cozy mystery "Quilt or Innocence" by Elizabeth Craig. I just started it but so far it looks like the perfect book for me.

My plan is to spend a lovely lazy Sunday reading, but we all know things never quite go as planned. We'll see...I'm so far behind on my reviews that I really need to concentrate and get some of these books read. I know many of you out there are in the same position and know exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know how you all do it, but I'm trying to catch up.

I hope everyone has a great week and reads many great books!

funny cat pictures - I no wanna be  shpooned
see more

8 comments:

  1. All the mysteries look good! I'm so behind on my reading and challenges. I need to focus more!
    The weather here is crazy too. It's cool, then hot and humid, and it's been raining lots. And it's not even rainy season yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne,

    The weather isn't that much different here in the UK. One minute we have been declared a drought zone, then we get so much rain that it's a bit like Noah's Ark trying to keep dry!

    Unfortunately, it has once again turned to rain this 'jubilee weekend', when everyone is out celebrating the Queen's 60 years on the throne, with street parties, concerts, processions etc. We all have an extra couple of days off work as well, which means that many businesses are now closed until Wednesday!

    I am also so very far behind with my author review requests, that I doubt I shall ever catch up, no matter how hard I try. I don't think that the amount of time blogging is taking up, is helping very much, but it is always good to have a chat with fellow readers.

    I am desperately trying to be very selective about which books I add to my reading list from other people's recommendations, so I have been very good with your great selection and just picked one ... 'Murder On Devon', although you have written some great reviews for them all.

    Enjoy your Sunday, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only recently purchased Fifty Shades of Grey. I am most curious to find out for myself if it is worth the hype. Shear Murder is a part of a series that I would like to start as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May was all about reading for me. I started the Sheila Connolly Series about apple orchard mysteries and read 3 of them, they are delightful. Next a book you all must read, it is a fascinating journey of a women walking 2700 miles alone on a hike through the Pacific Crest Trail. Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It will keep you up at night. I started the series by L.L. Bartlett "The Jeff Resnick mystery" #1 and found it a disturbing mystery but riveting. For fun I started reading Ellen Byerrum death on heels. Lots of fun. I also read Lucy Arlington Buried in a Book, highly recommended. Michael Connelly The Fifth Witness is excellent and is the next in the Lincoln Lawyer series. Tempest in The Tea Leaves by Kari Townsend is a good first book in a new series that is very enjoyable as well as has a passable mystery. The New Balducci is a sad tale of a child who has lost their parent and a killer for hire, not recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note sorry but the weather here beachside in Laguna Beach California is perfect , cool summer breeze, warm beaches and long warm nights. Very easy to read the day away in a beach chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great reading month. It seems I'm always trying to play catch up with my reading. My fav tv shows and Words With Friends always distract me.
    We are supposed to have cool weather with rain all week, it'll be a nice break from the heat but I don't like the humidity.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a good mystery, and I like mixing the mysteries in with other reads.

    Enjoy your day!

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.