Monday, June 4, 2012

Musing Mondays - Reading Goals



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.





This week’s musing asks…

Do you have a reading goal for the year, such as __ books? Why or why not?

My answer...

I do plan to read a certain number of books each year. I try to read 100. I haven't been successful in recent years. I used to have no problem reading at least a hundred, but I think that was before the online world came into existence and takes up alot of reading time. I tried to join many reading challenges in the hopes that it would help me get to my 100 goal, but that gets sidetracked by all the review requests I have received.

Still, I'm going to try for 100 and, if I don't get there, the world probably won't come to an end. LOL I'll just try again next year :)

funny cat pictures - LOLKitteh hand puppets available in stores near you now!
see more

8 comments:

  1. I do not do challenges, I do not make a goal...they make me stressed. and reading should be fun, but stressful. ;-)

    love that kitty "puppet"..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't make reading goals, I find that to stressful, but, I do try to complete the challenges, but each year I say no more challenges. I'm one of these persons, that if I join a challenge, I have to complete it. I only have one more book to read to complete your animal reading challenge for this year.

    A big thank you for stopping by for a visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes the internet, online world, blogging community. Too much to explore not enough time. Here's my Musing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to have a goal, perhaps one slightly out of reach, so that you set your sights high. Great musing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a speed reader, I devour books at a rate that would take most people a year. I read about 3-400 a year just on my own goal. I challenge myself to find new authors and re read classics as well as enjoy some fun mystery reading. My personal challenge is to read more every day. I read entire series of books by each author I like. I like to read series in order only from first to last. My TBR pile is every growing. yes great musing today I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading challenges, but always forget to add them to my post and link them. I'm going to try to catch up as soon as I can, and next year not join so many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep up with my reading group, that's enough challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.