Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday - November 14th


This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

I haven't read a Danielle Steel book in a long time. This one sounds great. I love stories set in a hospital.



.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

In Danielle Steel’s powerful novel, four San Francisco trauma doctors – the best and brightest in their field – confront exciting and exacting new challenges, both personally and professionally, when given a rare opportunity.

Bill Browning heads the trauma unit at San Francisco’s busiest emergency room. With his ex-wife and daughters in London, he immerses himself in his work and lives for the little time he can spend with his children. A rising star at her teaching hospital, Stephanie Lawrence has two young sons, a frustrated stay-at-home husband, and not enough time for any of them. Harvard-educated Wendy Jones is a dedicated trauma doctor, trapped in a dead-end relationship with a married cardiac surgeon. And Tom Wylie’s popularity with women rivals the superb medical skills he employs at his medical centre, but he refuses to let anyone get too close, determined to remain unattached forever.

These exceptional doctors are chosen for an honour and a unique project: to work with their counterparts in Paris in a mass-casualty training programme. As professionals they will gain invaluable knowledge, but as ordinary men and women they will find that the City of Light opens up incredible new possibilities, exhilarating, enticing and frightening.

When an unspeakable act of mass violence galvanizes them into action, their temporary life in Paris becomes a stark turning point: a time to make harder choices than they have ever faced before – with consequences that will last a lifetime.

Turning Point is a highly-charged, emotional tale about how suddenly life can change for all of us, and that we might find what we're looking for in the most unlikely of places . . .


Publisher: Macmillan
Release Date: January 10, 2019



Which books are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. It's been ages since I read a Steele novel. I don't even remember the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, and rather topical. For some reason, I've never read a Danielle Steele novel, but I might check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I didn't hear about this new book from her yet!

    Here's my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been years since I've read anything by Danielle Steele! This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like hospital settings too. In movies and in books. I also haven't read one of her books in a long time. I have a bunch of them in one of my bookcases. Used to spend a lot of summers immersed in her stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.