Saturday, November 17, 2018

Review: Trouble in Texas by Susan Harper



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Fairfield Publishing

Release Date:
April 18, 2018









Synopsis from Goodreads:

Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the trouble
A new cozy mystery from #1 Best Selling Author Susan Harper

Kendell and Pauline are on their way to Peru for another exciting vacation. When a storm forces an emergency landing, they get trapped in Texas. Instead of an exotic South American adventure, they spend their vacation on a Texas ranch. They soon learn they can’t hide from murder mysteries, even in the second largest state in the union. Can they tame the wild west and catch a killer or will their trouble in Texas be too much to handle?

Trouble in Texas is part of the Flight Risk Cozy Mystery series. If you like fast paced mysteries with interesting characters and unexpected twists, you’re going to love the Flight Risk Cozy Mystery series.

Get Trouble in Texas and start solving your next mystery today!

My Review

It’s another great adventure for travelers, turned amateur sleuths, Kendell and Pauline. They are off to Peru, with a lay over in Texas. Unfortunately, a storm keeps them trapped in Texas for longer than they expected. They are invited to spend their time on a ranch with two lovely families.

As they hide out in the ranch’s cellar, the storm hits and one of the small group is left dead. It’s not long before they realize it’s another murder mystery for Kendell and Pauline to try and solve.

This is the fourth book in the Flight Risk series. Each book in this series can really stand alone, but it’s more fun to read them in order. I have to admit, I enjoyed the first three books more than this one, but it was still a fun mystery to try and figure out. It just felt a bit slower than the previous books to me.

Kendell and Pauline are a fun pair, although it’s a bit crazy how many dead bodies they have found in such a short time. That’s what makes it so much fun.

It’s a short read filled with a few twists and turns along the way. We also meet some new characters, but Kendell and Pauline, along with Pauline’s dog Dot, are the main stars of this series. The next stop is Mississippi.



For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2018
Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2018 (Texas)

Disclosure: I borrowed this through Kindle Unlimited. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. New book and author for me. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like this since they travel. New to me author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.