Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2019 - Sign Up


I’m back again with the Purrfect Reading Challenge. Two of my favorite things are cats and mysteries. So, I combined them for the *purrfect* reading challenge. It's very simple, this challenge is all about reading mysteries that have cats as the main characters. Here are a few examples...



Joe Grey Mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy
Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Nelson Douglas
A Cats In Trouble Mysteries by Leann Sweeney
A Klepto Cat Mysteries by Patricia Fry
Black Cat Bookshop Mysteries by Ali Brandon
Cat Who Mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun
Cat in the Stacks Mysteries by Miranda James
Bookmobile Cat Mysteries by Laurie Cass
Theda Krakow Mysteries by Clea Simon
Black Cat Mysteries by Elaine Faber

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens more. You can find a list here, but you aren't limited to just these choices. If you find others, that's great.

Here are the levels you can choose from:

Purring - Read 1-10 cat mysteries
Kneading - Read 11-20 cat mysteries
Meowing - Read 21-30 cat mysteries
Catnip - Go crazy and read at least 31 and go as high as you'd like - the sky is the limit!

The challenge will begin on January 1, 2019 and end on December 31, 2019.

The rules are really simple.

1. Any book read for this challenge has to be a mystery and have a cat that plays a major role in the book.

2. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.

3. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime for those who make a list in advance.

4. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.

5. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.  If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. I also have a Cat Mystery group on Goodreads and you can join over there. The link is https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/188179-cat-mystery-readers

6. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

7. To sign up, choose one of the levels from the above list and use the Mister Linky below. There will be links for reviews and wrap posts later.

Enjoy and have fun!

I'm signing up for Purring and will read 10 books. I'll list them here throughout the year...

1.  A Literal Mess by J.C. Kenney (Click here for my review.)

2.  No Escape Claws by Sofie Ryan (Click here for my review.)

3.  Bittersweet Betrayal by Stephanie Damore (Click here to read my review.)

4.  Cat Chase the Moon by Shirley Rousseau Murphy (Click here for my review.)

5.  A Twist in the Tail by Leighann Dobbs (Click here for my review.)

6. The Time for Murder is Meow by T.C. Lotempio (Click here for my review.)

7. A Night's Tail by Sofie Kelly (Click here for my review.)

8.  Cosmic Cat by Mollie Hunt (Click here for my review.)

9. The Long Island Iced Tea Goodbye by Emily Selby (Click here for my review.)

10.  Calico Confusion by Katherine Hayton (Click here for my review.)



Line #1: Your name (blog if you have one)
Line #2: Link to your sign up post (please post the direct link to your sign up post, not to your blog's homepage).


12 comments:

  1. I'm in for Purring Level. Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for purring level. Here's my link as above isn't working for me: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3226573-jenny?authenticity_token=jzxEDLWAcvl9WYkucR1NHJUCrBTdCSl0HBDWQheYq6tWXbmeFSeXGsamW7nOwCjUl2OgvlLVFC52DVAnLds3ig%3D%3D&shelf=purrfect-reading-challenge-2019&user_id=3226573

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in just working on blog post then will link

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to getting to know you and other members in the Goodreads group. If you ever ned some graphics let me know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it entered twice. Dont know how to remove

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going for purring. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun challenge. I would welcome some suggestions for the cat mysteries books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am joining! What the heck I got all year I am going for the catnip! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.