Friday, November 16, 2018

2019 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge - Sign Up


This is always one of my favorite challenges, even though I never seem to complete it. LOL The fun is trying :) It is hosted by Escape With Dollycas.



Here are the details...


This challenge will run from January 1st, 2019 until December 31st, 2019.

You can join anytime. You do not have to post a review of the book. Books can come from any genre.

You do not need to link up each spoonful.

Make a page or a post or a GoodReads shelf where you will keep track of your spoonfuls. I keep track of mine on my Challenge Page.

Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!

It’s an alphabet challenge!!! The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.

You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles as shown below.

The First Main Word Needs To Be
The Letter You Are Counting

Except For those pesky Q, X, AND Z titles then the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.
So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z Reading Challenge.

A – How I plan to do it: Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

OR

B – Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet.

For example:

A – An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery) by Anna Lee Huber

B – Bones Behind the Wheel: A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery by E. J. Copperman

C – Chocolate Cream Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

D- The Diva Sweetens the Pie by Krista Davis, etc..

Books can be read in any order and all formats – print – e-book – audio – are acceptable for this challenge!

I plan to go with option A and list the books as I go along. I'll list them here...

A.  The Au Pair by Emma Rous (Click here to read my review.)

B.  Broken Bone China by Laura Childs (Click here for my review.)

C.  The Cha Cha Babes of Pelican Way by Frances Metzman (Click here to read my review.)

D.  Death by Committee by Alexis Morgan (Click here to read my review.)

E.  An Excuse for Murder by Vanessa Westermann (Click here to read my review.)

F.   Fields' Guide to Abduction by Julie Mulhern (Click here to read my review.)

G. The Great Pretenders by Laura Kalpakian (Click here to read my review.

H. Healing Hearts by Sarah M. Eden (Click here to read my review.)

I.  I Saw Him Standing There by Holly Kerr (Click here to read my review.)

J.

K.

L.  A Literal Mess by J.C. Kenney (Click here for my review.)



M. Murder Likes It Hot by Tracy Weber (Click here for my review.)

N.  Not A Creature Was Stirring by Christina Freeburn (Click here for my review.)

O. One Feta In The Grave by Tina Kashian (Click here for my review.)

P.  Pinot Red or Dead? by J.C. Eaton (Click here for my review.)

Q.

R.

S.  The Suspect by Fiona Barton (Click here for my review.)

T.  A Twist in the Tail by Leighann Dobbs (Click here for my review.)

U.

V.   A Very Mummy Holiday by Lynn Cahoon (Click here for my review.)

W. The Wipeout Affair by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds (Click here for my review.)

X.

Y.

Z.




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.