Tuesday, March 26, 2019

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - March 26th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm reading this one now...







First Chapter... .


Red and yellow flames belched from propane burners, inflating the hot-air balloon to heroic proportions and propelling it skyward.  High above the grassy flats of Charleston's Hampton Park, the balloon joined a half dozen others as they bumped along on gentle currents, looking like a supersized drift of colorful soap bubbles.


Teaser...

"What a catastrophe!" Drayton cried out.  "Will anyone survive?"


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a nice jump into spring selection - nice cover too. enjoy Here's my pick:https://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2019/03/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and the teasers. See what Susan is featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those excerpts...vivid and captivating. Enjoy this one, and thanks for sharing.

    “AS YOU WISH”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the balloon angle. I have a copy of this & hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this one and talk about a unique manner of death!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my kind of read. When I read fiction, I have to have a cat in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would keep reading! Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover more than the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always loved hot air balloons, so I'd keep reading. Cute title and cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are two really tempting quotes - good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.