Monday, March 11, 2019

Review: Bittersweet Betrayal: Spirited Sweets Paranormal Cozy Mystery, Book 1




Genre:
Cozy Mystery, Paranormal

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
 Pink Sapphire Press

Release Date:
October 22, 2018








Synopsis from Goodreads:

Claire and Nick are the perfect crime-solving couple.

Except one of them is dead.

Ever since Nick passed, Claire has been able to see ghosts.

Well the grounded ones anyway.

When Nick’s not-so-dearly departed grandma makes an untimely exit, Nick relies on his ever-clever wife to track the clues and bring the killer to justice. Claire is more than willing to take the case if only to send Grandma up to the Pearly Gates and get her out of her hair...and bakery.

My Review

After Claire’s husband dies, she’s suddenly able to see ghosts. Her husband, Nick, is one of them. Now, she can see Nick’s grandmother, although she’s not dead. Well, as far as Claire knows, she’s not dead. As it turns out, Nick’s grandma really passed away and Claire figures it’s up to her to find out why. With the help of her late husband, Claire searches for a killer.

I wasn’t sure what to expect at first, but what a unique story! It had the feel of the old The Ghost and Mrs. Muir series. It’s not a complex mystery, but it was unusual and the characters were quirky. This is a short story, but filled with much emotion and an interesting “whodunit”. I actually had tears in my eyes at the end. I wasn’t expecting that. I’m definitely going to be reading the next one in this series.




For reading challenges:
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2019
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2019
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2019

Disclosure: I borrowed this through Kindle Unlimited. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds fun! I wasn't so sure just reading the blurb but it sounds like it was executed very well and I like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. And the kitty on the cover is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.