Saturday, March 30, 2019

Review: My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing


Genre:
Thriller, Suspense

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date:
March 26, 2019







Synopsis from Goodreads:


Dexter meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith in this wildly compulsive debut thriller about a couple whose fifteen-year marriage has finally gotten too interesting...

Our love story is simple. I met a gorgeous woman. We fell in love. We had kids. We moved to the suburbs. We told each other our biggest dreams, and our darkest secrets. And then we got bored.

We look like a normal couple. We're your neighbors, the parents of your kid's friend, the acquaintances you keep meaning to get dinner with.

We all have secrets to keeping a marriage alive.

Ours just happens to be getting away with murder.

My Review

To the outside world, they had the perfect marriage and family with two wonderful children. However, does anyone really know what goes on behind closed doors? Nobody would have suspected that this couple is the suburbs answer to the old TV show Dexter. Instead of a single killer, we have a married couple.

This story isn’t as straight forward as you might think. It takes the reader down so many dark streets and turns down so many dark corners. Just when you think you know what happens - it doesn’t. There are even more shocking events to occur.

Talk about “edge-of-your-seat” reading. My Lovely Wife is that and so much more. I really had no idea where this book was going, but the ending sure left me speechless.  It's told from the husband's point of view which is an interesting perspective.

I haven’t read anything by this author before but she’s on my radar now. I will be looking for more books by her.


For reading challenges:
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2019


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.