Monday, May 17, 2010

Musing Mondays - Books to Movies



If you'd like to join in on Musing Mondays, just click the button above.

Musing Mondays2Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about movies based on books…

What happens when you see a movie based on a book/story, especially one you’ve not read? Do you feel the need to track it down and read it?


My answer...

I used to insist upon reading the book before I'd see the movie. However, recently, I go with whatever fits the timing. I still haven't read The Reader or Revolutionary Road, but I've seen both movies because they were out and my husband wanted to see them too. The same thing happened with Twilight. I realize, now, that it doesn't really matter.

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

6 comments:

  1. It depends! However, I like to read first before I watch the movie!

    Mondays: Mailbox/Whereabouts/Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to read the book first before I watch it. I have a stack of movies saved on Sky + waiting for me to read the books first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you...it just depends! :)
    ~~
    http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would always prefer to see the movie first, take the best of that, and then read the book to fill out the limited movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some movies that I have to get the book, others I can leave alone. The Reader is one of those, saw the movie and have no desire to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply won't read a book after I've seen the movie, but some books aren't that interesting to me, so I'd rather just see the movie (especially if it's chick lit).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.