Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A-Z Wednesday


This is a fun meme hosted by Reading at the Beach


Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!

To join, here's all you have to do: Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.

Post:

1~ a photo of the book

2~ title and synopsis

3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)

4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments.

If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.

Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.

(We all love comments, don't we?)

Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: "N"





This synopsis is from Sharon Kahn's website. I haven't read it yet, but it's in my TBR waiting for me :)

Forget everything your mother ever told you about chicken soup -- Temple Rita's version is lethal. That's why Ruby Rothman is back on the case in Sharon Kahn's tale of Jewish life in small-town Eternal, Texas.

Life in Eternal is never dull for forty-six-year-old Ruby, recently widowed from Rabbi Stu. As part-owner of The Hot Bagel bakery and the proprietor of a computer consulting business, Ruby has plenty to keep her busy. There's also her nemesis, Essie Sue Margolis, who won't leave her alone. As new owner of the Center for Bodily Movement, formerly known as Sam's Gym, Essie Sue has enlisted all her friends and adversaries for exercise classes with her new trainer, the mysterious Bogie. Who is Bogie and where did he come from? Nobody seems to know much about him, except that where Bogie is concerned, Essie Sue's checkbook ink seems to flow.

Speaking of cash, Essie Sue is also leading Temple Rita's fund-raising drive for a large Queen Esther statue to be erected in memory of Essie Sue's late,hardcover lamented sister Marla. And what better way to raise money than the Annual Temple Matzo Ball Sale featuring Essie Sue's personal recipe for fat-free, salt-free matzo balls? Of course they are taste-free, too. At least they aren't lethal -- or are they?

Never Nosh A Matzo Ball delivers suspense and subplots, comic relief and eccentric characters, and of course, more Ruby, a character who could only have been created by an author who was herself for many years a rabbi's wife.


10 comments:

  1. This one sounds like fun,and I love that title!

    Here's mine:

    http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get past this cover--it cracks me up--it's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good read.
    A friend of mine makes matzo balls, however they must have fat and salt because they are really good.
    Thanks for sharing.

    My `N` is up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title and cover, sounds fun

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I'm definitely gonna have to check this one out. The idea of Jewish life in small-town Texas has enormous hilarity potential. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats souds good! It has been added to my TBR list! Here is mine:

    http://elisha-mythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/05/z-wednesday-n.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post and sounds so nice and fun..I hope I can read that book,i am really interested on it..!!Thanks for sharing this with us..!Good job.!
    personal trainer az

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.