Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Life that Fits by Heather Wardell

Genre:
Romance, Chick Lit

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Smashwords

Release Date:
May 2011

When twenty-eight year old Andrea returns from a business trip, she’s stunned when her boyfriend of fourteen years promptly dumps her for another woman. Her entire world is turned upside down. She can’t even go to work.

Finally, she pulls herself out of her depression with a life plan. She’s going to change her life totally around and be the exact opposite of what she is now. In the back of her mind, Andrea is convinced this will win Alex back. She changes her wardrobe to include more colorful clothes, she adds a few hobbies to her life including knitting and belly dancing and even adopts a cat. Andrea finds herself surrounded with new friends and she’s actually enjoying herself until she loses her job, but she somehow manages to get past that and get her career back on track.

At first I was a bit bothered that Andrea was so willing to be Alex’s doormat, but I kept reading and realized what a great story that shows a character growing from a weak, dependent girl to a strong, independent woman. There were many LOL moments as well as a few tears in Andrea’s journey of discovering her true inner self. This is a fast-paced read that will have readers cheering for Andrea to get the life she wants and deserves.

I’ve read a few books by Heather Wardell and she never disappoints. I still have a couple on my Nook that I intend to read. Her stories are light, cheery books that will make readers smile after the last page is finished.






FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like good chic lit. I like that Andrea gets herself together and moves on with her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had sure been together for a very long time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.