Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2012



Welcome to the second annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! My interest in the cozies hasn't diminished in the past year. If anything, it has increased. LOL So, this is one reading challenge I plan to continue hosting.

I love cozy mysteries and I want to read more of them this year. To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.

So, here are the rules...

1. Choose the level you wish to participate:

Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books
Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books

2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 and ends December 31, 2012.

3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.

4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!

5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.

NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books.

ADDENDUM: IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR REVIEW, GO TO THE CRUISIN' THRU THE COZIES BLOG, JUST CLICK HERE.

6. Take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky at my new Cruisin' thru the Cozies blog. Just click here. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.

Have fun!





As for me, I will be going to level 2 this year and will list my reads here...

1.  Citizen Insane by Karen Cantwell (Click to read review.)
2.  Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris (Click to read review.)
3.  Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson (Click to read review.)
4.  Hot Chocolate by Dawn Greenfield Ireland (Click to read review.)
5. Chocolate Covered Murder by Leslie Meier (Click to read review.)
6. Murder Buys A T-shirt by Christy Fifield (Click to read review.)
7. An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette (Click to read review.)
8. Cats Can't Shoot by Clea Simon (Click to read review.)
9. Dead Locked by Amy Sanders (Click to read review.)
10. Corpse in the Crystal Ball by Kari Lee Townsend (Click to read review.)
11. For Whom the Funeral Bell Tolls by Livia J. Washburn (Click to read review.)
12. Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams (Click for review)

35 comments:

  1. Since I read quite a few cozies each year decided to join your challenge. I just about have my 2011 Animal Reading Challenge completed. I have one more book on my list and then it will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it January yet? I've got a stack of books waiting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cozies but have not had a chance to read any recently so maybe this challenge is just what I need!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bunch of great cozies to read so I want join this challenge at the second level.

    CarolNWong(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I didn't see your Cozy Challenge last year until I was thoroughly over-committed. Grabbing this one early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be my first time with this challenge...and I can finally savor the cozies instead of simply dabbling here and there.

    Thanks for hosting!

    I think I'll go for Level 2, to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this challenge again, Yvonne!

    I managed to read 3 cozies for this year's challenge, and I see you are now making us read at least 6! I'll do my best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for this reading challenge. I am entering in five this year so I can reach my goal of 100 books next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done this challenge neither (I think) have I read any Cozy Mysteries but am looking forward to reading some! I want to be an Investigator!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All signed up for super sleuth level. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't planned to join any challenges this year, but this one sounded so intriguing. Thanks for hosting it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my Favourite Genre so I look forward to accepting this Challenge and will aim for Super Slueth my Kindle is already locked and loaded and ready to Go plus all my other Cozy's in my Library are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gonna try to be an Investigator in 2012, Yvonne. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to get started on this challenge! Thank you for hosting it!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm joing this challenge. I originally was going to do it through Goodreads, but I decided to use my blog for more than just keeping blog lists and I've posted the info there as well.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmm... Here I was thinking that I was done signing up for challenges. I didn't read nearly enough cozies this year. I'm contemplating the Snoop level.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to the challenge and I am going for Super Sleuth!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never done a challenge before - this is my first!
    Super sleuth, here I come!!!

    Let me know if I do something wrong LOL

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sign me up! This is my first reading challenge & I'm going for super sleuth!!!

    Ellie Oberth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to start! I'm signing up for super sleuth!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Signed up again for 2012! Love the kitty in the header too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Since I primarily read cozies, this will be a super fun challenge for me! I love that I can overlap challenges too :) I do have the 1st books in a lot of cozy series that will end up being added to this list throughout 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love cozies! I'm so excited for this challenge. :) I don't think I'll have much of a problem reading my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am very excited! My book blog is newish and I am just learning about these challenges. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so excited for this challenge - cozies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So excited to be joining your cozy challenge! I am hopping to call myself a super sleuth by the year's end!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cozies are my faves, so I will try for the super sleuth level. I'm hoping to find some new to me Cozies too! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love my cozies and was excited to find this blog and this challenge! i am going for the Super Sleuth level this year! Happy Reading all!

    Books Are Life - Vita Libri,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love cozies and I am happy to join this challenge I will try for the Investigator Level.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well this makes my 3rd challenge for 2012. Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mysteries is the genre that got me into reading but lately I've stopped reading mysteries. I love them and would want to start reading them again. This is the best way to do it! So thank you for this challenge! =)
    ~Hira

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love this challenge. So I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I received quite a few new cozy books for Christmas. I'm glad there is a challenge to go with them. :)

    ReplyDelete