Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Salon - Challenges Anyone?



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

Can you believe it's almost December? Where did this year go? When I saw everyone announcing the 2012 challenges, I thought "So early?" Then I realized it's not early at all!

So, I've been going through my own list and seeing what I was going to do. Originally I thought I wasn't going to do any, but those type of resolutions never work with me. LOL

First, taking stock of last year...

I hosted 6 challenges.
I joined 14 challenges (not including the ones I hosted)
Altogether I was involved in 20 challenges

I completed 7 challenges (not including the ones I hosted)
I completed 3 of the challenges I hosted.
Altogether I completed 10 challenges. I finished 50% of what I wanted to do.

There's only one more challenge from 2011 that I will probably complete, the others I don't think I will.

Now what does my future hold for challenges in 2012?

I'm going to host only 2 challenges (Cruisin' thru the Cozies and What an Animal reading challenges). The animal challenge doesn't end until February, but I'll be doing it again for 2012-2013.

I joined 4 other reading challenges that got my interest, but I'm sure as more people announce challenges I won't be able to resist :)

For 2012, I have a total of 6 challenges (2 of which I'm hosting). So far, it's doable but by the end of December, I'm sure I will once again over commit myself and it won't be so doable (but it will be fun anyway!)

Do you join challenges? Are you as addicted to signing up for them as I am?

funny pictures - Or, if you're Canadian, no earlier than May First!
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

6 comments:

  1. I'm just the opposite - I don't join challenges because I am afraid I won't be able to complete them and I hate not finishing things I commit to, so I rather not join in the first place. Good luck with your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. :)

    You really did have a lot of challenges to tackle, didn't you? *grin* I haven't had very many, but I did start blogging rather late in the year (April), so I guess I won't let myself feel too bad. ;)

    I am planning to go hog wild in 2012! Might even host a challenge myself. I definitely plan to do Crusin' Thru The Cozies again. It was great fun, and I might even finish this year.

    Good luck with everything!
    ~Silsbee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am seriously addicted to reading challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not addicted but I am planning to sign up before the year end for 3 challenges - your cozy one,(what I read most of) an e reader challenge and read your own books challenge. That will do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of challenges! I only joined 1 challenge for 2011 and exceeded the 12 books needed for it. I'm hoping to do one or two more challenges for 2012, but now sure which ones yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's alot of challenges. I run one and I do join a few others as well. I can never resist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.