Monday, July 2, 2012

Musing Mondays - What's Next?



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.





This week’s musing asks…

When you're stuck for a book to read next, what do you do?

My answer...

Lately, this hasn't been a problem because of all the reviews I have scheduled. Therefore, I end up with no choice (which I don't like but that's another story for another time).

When I'm stuck (or in a reading slump) and don't have reviews scheduled, I try to choose a book from my favorite genre (cozy mysteries, romantic suspense). Or I might choose something by one of my favorite authors. OTOH, if I'm totally overdosed on one of my favorite genres, I'll just read something different and that will do the trick.

None of these things are surefire cures, though. Sometimes it takes me several books before I get back into a reading frame of mind.

funny cat pictures - New Neighbor
see more

8 comments:

  1. I also have enough books to choose from but it does depend on my mood what I should pick up next. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer is the same as yours--I go for my favorite genres when I get in a slump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol sometimes I wish I was stuck in deciding what to read next. Like you, my reading and reviewing schedule is booked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine my answer would be very similar. :-) Sometimes if I've been reading too much of one type of book, I aim for something totally different. Really though, a lot depends on my mood. Some days I know I need something funny to read. for example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree a cozy is always good for a slump. something pretty easy and pretty quick and fun.
    then back to my serial killers and dark gloomy mysteries..lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that kitty cartoon...LOL...

    If I get in a reading slump, or stuck, I sometimes listen to an audio book. But most of the time I'm fine with all the books I have I can grab one from my TBR shelves and get unstuck...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if I'm getting the question, but, I think most of us (book bloggers) have a lot of books to choose from, so we keep on reading without waiting too long between books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.